You will find us a 16 Lawson St, where we have designed purpose built treatment rooms with a peaceful atmosphere for your comfort and relaxation. We have taken care to provide a calm, serene and safe environment in which both patient and practitioner can experience tranquility.
What happens at my first appointment?
We will talk with you about your existing conditions and future health goals, and take a comprehensive medical record. Your first consultation will take longer as we discuss the details of any symptoms you are having and any relevant medical history. Whatever the reason you have come to see us, there will often be other symptoms which you don’t realize are related, so don’t be surprised if we ask you about other areas of health to form a complete picture. This can help us
determine what the root cause of your illness is as well as take steps to prevent likely future health problems. Your first appointment will take at least an hour.
Our other diagnostic tools include:
- Pulse Diagnosis – We will feel your pulse to determine weaknesses and strengths in your internal organs and in your overall constitution. This can be a great way to pick up on potential issues and fix them before they arise.
- Tongue Diagnosis – We will look at your tongue as an indication of your internal health. Please don’t scrape your tongue or make any preparation for this – you may be removing something which is diagnostically important!
- Palpation – A physical examination of any areas of pain, tension and restriction.
- Observation – We will also observe any areas of physical symptoms (such as skin rashes), and, if relevant, the colour and complexion of the skin and face.
- Medical Tests – If you have any blood tests, fertility tests, X-Rays or a referral from your Doctor, please bring those to your consultation.
What happens next?
After consultation and discussion of diagnosis, we give acupuncture treatments using only sterile single use needles. Both Gabriele and Keely practice gentle acupuncture technique, and most new patients are surprised at how relaxing and enjoyable they find the treatment. Needles are inserted with fine precision at specific points along the Acupuncture Channels. If you are uncomfortable with needles, please let us know and we will guide you through the treatment process with an extra gentle touch. We see many patients who are needle phobic, and they all report that the experience is not as bad as they thought it would be.
We may also recommend a prescription of Chinese Herbal Medicines. The most effective way to treat most conditions is with a combination of Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine.
We also offer Chinese Herbal Medicine only consultations for those who do not wish to have acupuncture.
Other therapies we use:
- Gua Sha
- Low Level Laser Treatment
- Auricuotherapy (Ear Acupuncture)
- Traditional Chinese Diet and Lifestyle Advice
- Heat Packs and Herbal Liniments